Saturday 12 November 2011

sucu's anatomy lesson

It's been a few months since I last had snapper, and I mean the "Pagrus auratus", not the other one that belongs to the Lutjanidae family. This natural beauty was original from New Zeland waters.




Steaming our snapper seems to have lately become a habit, which we definitely enjoy. This allows enjoying its full flavour and freshness, and the mess around the kitchen is minimal.




In a minor experimental approach I decided to use orange, together with mint, carrots and extra virgin olive oil. I felt lemon would have been more exciting, but this still was a fine combination.




A 2008 chardonnay from the Yarra valley discovered in our last trip to Melbourne helped this unpremeditated exploration: PHI, from the Lusatia Park vineyard.




I find this is a very easy fish to eat because its bone structure is clearly defined; no surprises, unless not paying attention.




The new octagon design tonka vanilla bon bon from the Kakawa factory was a quite fulfilling finale to conclude this anatomic snapper exposure. I'm a bigger fan of their original and more colourful shape, but this didn't affect in any way the delicate explossion of flavours happening inside my mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment