Saturday 5 November 2011

the egg

The most delicious egg on toast I've ever had was the centre of my breakfast a few days ago. Lynn was the master mind behind such level of perfection. Runny, tasty and under exactly the right and moderate amount of salt and black pepper. I can't think of any other moment when I got excited by a simple egg.



The choice of the right bread for the toast holding this mind blowing egg was fundamental. No other than the rye caraway sourdough from Bourke St became the foundation of this remarkable outcome. Lynn deserved an award just for such an extraordinary execution. The impact was so strong, that the view of the SOH almost appeared as an amalgamation of pointy eggs by the harbour.




The rest of our breakfast was brilliant, but somehow shadowed by this stellar  impression. A really historic moment in my appreciation for eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment