Thursday 10 November 2011

blue eyes

It took a long time for me to find and purchase this blue eye trevalla, first introduced to our palates, and then often enjoyed, in our favourite spot on Darlinghurst road. Also known as Antarctic butterfish or bluenose sea bass, the "Hyperoglyphe antarctica" was a must in our kitchen, and this new comer happened to display 2,35 kilograms of goodness.




Roasted vegetables were going to fill up the rest of our stomachs: red, green and yellow capsicum, carrots, potatoes, garlic and our beloved beetroot.




Cutting the fish wasn't an easy task. The bones were located in the right spot for my knife to go through, or viceversa, so at the end it didn't take as long as I was anticipating.




We had a bottle of Nick Farr's 2009 chardonnay, which we enjoyed all the way. I was expecting a big departure from his dud's own, but I guess the pupil has learnt very fast.




I also made a sauce with Spanish extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, coriander, balsamic vinegar a few tiny pieces of ginger, which provided a very strong freshness element to the pan fried swimmer.




For dessert I totally relied, once more, on the Kakawa masters of chocolate. This time it was their third generation beetroot & balsamic rocket road marshmallow. At this point of development I believe there is no need for them to bother with a fourth generation. This one has reached an unquestionable level of perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment