Sunday 11 December 2011

double strawberry soirée

More clams for the pan, all the way from South Australia! At least that's what I was told at Claudio's, in the fish market, an interesting place to drive to once or twice a week.


I had eaten a lot of strawberries before, but never strawberry clams, which for me are the most attractive ones.


The recipe was a simple one: extra virgin olive oil, leeks, tomatoes and a ton of continental parsley. Watching the shells opening as they are being cooked is always a quite entertaining spectacle, specially not being a clam.


A pretty good revelation for a casual seafood dinner. 


They were very meaty and generous individuals, which really made it feel like a whole meal.


Xmas is coming, and regardless how much I hate it, the culinary side of it has always been quite extraordinary. Marzipan is one of those xmas flavours I really enjoy, so when I saw the Kakawa masters have date and marzipan bars covered in dark chocolate, I thought it'd be an appropriate way to start moving into the xmas flavours. 


Fresh fruit with fresh chocolate is always a great combo, so given the elements of the evening, fresh strawberries were a predictable guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment