Tuesday 14 June 2011

a fast sweet breakfast

I was in a little bit of a rush this morning, so I decided to have a fast injection of sweetness to start my day. After discovering it in Ottawa -yes, right on Elgin street- I can not efficiently function without a warm cup of Mariage Freres' tea. Today it was the turn for their refreshing "Tropical" blend (932), since there is no "Montagne d'Or" (9403) left. We must plan a trip to Paris soon!



A beautiful rye caraway sourdough bun from Bourke St. bakery will be perfect for the two spreads we got in our recent visit to Melbourne, at Burch & Purchese: half chocolate and hazelnut/half salted caramel, and the chocolate, strawberry and balsamic vinegar jam. Some iron bark Maya Sunny Honey will have to complete this nutritious, but incomplete, start of the day.

It feels like this was the right combination of flavours for listening to the first track of Foam Lake's debut album: "True Hearts". Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it to their gig in Toronto on Friday, as I was expecting a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment