Wednesday 27 July 2011

mangosteen & salted caramel

It was last month the first time I heard about mangosteens, which made me think of mangos with a langoustine flavour or shape, but it happens to be something else...




This beautiful fruit apparently grows well in Thailand. We tried it at Golden Fields (St. Kilda) during our last trip to Melbourne.




Yesterday I saw them at Harris Farm, right after a quite intriguing zabaione moment at Fratelli Paradiso (Potts Point). We had them as an option for our dinner dessert. But there also was a sea salted caramel bonbon from Kakawa at home (bitter caramel with hint of salt encased in dark chocolate), so a new dilema was served on my plate. I made a very salomonic decision, and I went for both: what a winner combination!







No comments:

Post a Comment