Wednesday 20 July 2011

fishfaced with albariño

Another busy day and not much energy left. We love fish, yes we do. So, being less than five minutes away, FishFace seems to be the place to go. Their kingfish carpaccio was a perfect starter. Unfortunately not a very generous dish, but full of tremendously stimulating flavour. 




We had a bottle left of my number one albariño, which I brought from Galicia last month: Pedralonga (2009), from Caldas de Reis. The perfect conductor for this ocean-based dinner.




Ocean trout in filo pastry was Lyn's main, while I went for the blue eye trevalla, a clear winner for me. The rae on top of was a brilliant idea, not only to underline a moderate  variation of  textures, but especially from an elemental visual perspective




Since we first landed in Syd City sometime in 2007 I think that's the dish I've had in multiple occasions, and after four years I keep loving the way they cook it, even through a number of variations. The horseradish and the potato scales provide a clever textural dimension, which I can say for me is kind of addictive.




Dessert was a happy ending, even without much of an innovation. I find quite inspiring  their focus on the essence of those ingredients they choose to work with. Their fresh explosion of marine flavour is always there.



No comments:

Post a Comment