Wednesday 3 August 2011

ox on the balcony

This morning I was dreaming about green thick juicy asparagus, but what I found later on at the grocery was kind of uninspiring. I saw spinach, which always works for me, and pak choy. I thought both could provide a little bit of a green variety on the plate and the palate. A few sliced tomatoes with extra virgin oil and balsamic vinegar would add a little bit of colour to the whole dinner ensemble on the balcony.




It felt like a good day for red meat, so we revisited the tender eye fillet of a grass fed ox from Hudson Meats on Crown. I like it rare, so the cooking was going to be minimal: a simple "vuelta y vuelta" technique.




A pinch of salt and the mandatory garlic were the only addition to start the cooking, which didn't even take twenty minutes. We were both exhausted after a  late night following another long dinner at Tetsuya's the previous day. Unfortunately I didn't have any energy to simply decorate the plate; too bad.




The ending cleanser was a colourful and incredibly tasteful passion fruit, which for some mysterious reason always reaches platinum status in our private ranking of amazing tastes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment