Saturday 13 August 2011

light lunch by ear(s)

Having a perfect flat white at Single Origin Roasters last June I got to discover a work by Dan O'Toole (aka EARS), which covers one of the walls on the Reservoir cafe. Danish cook mega star Rene Dedzepi was there last month, twitting about  their exceptional espresso. I usually go for their flat white.



A few days later I was able to track him down, and last week we met at his studio in Leichhardt. His work on canvas seems to have developed quite a bit from his wall painting, which as he described is more of an opportunity to have a really good time. The "Bee Keeper", above, was probably the painting I liked the most.


We met quite early in the afternoon, so I didn't have much time to even consider a good lunch. It was more of a thought about how to fuel my system with potentially light but tasty food. Fruit, salad and bread was kind of an instant solution, which I actually very much enjoy, as long as it is all really fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment