Monday 16 September 2013

momo-fuk-u yeah

Monday dinner brought us back to Momo's eatery on University for the second time, just some days after the second visit to a far more exiting Ko in NYC.



Our thirsty throats were refreshed with the two cocktails on the menu: G & T (Aperol, rosemary, balck pepper) and Sumojito (Rum, peach, pineapple). They were drinkable, but not even close to the exciting Godzilla from Neta.



We both started with a shitake bun (hoisin, scallion, cucumber), which was very good. I love shitake mushrooms, so I guess this one had to be a great start.



Lynn chose to bird option, and since there was no duck on offer, she had smoked chicken ramen from the Harrison Co-op farm, with miso, menma and an egg.



I wasn't expecting to find tongue on the menu, so I tried the Tonkotsu noodles. The tongue was from McGee Farms, and it came with crispy scallop, egg and half a crabapple. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure the egg was necessary.



This short menu was a rather filling one, so we didn't even consider the two sweet options: peach cheesecake or chocolate pudding. Perhaps next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment