Wednesday 23 January 2013

brooklyn calling

I can't remember my first trip to Brooklyn, so I guess I wasn't very impressed at the time. Last week was different. The colourful landscape together with the old decaying architecture made it feel much more special, including the captivating street art. I particularly fell in love with this tank and its "Corporate America" flag.


After telling Ross I wanted to visit the Mast Brothers chocolate factory, he suggested having lunch at La Superior, a modest place on Berry St., where we initiated an admirable Mexican style digestion, served by Catalan hands.



Nothing better than a margarita to focus my brain on this brand new BrookMex experience.



An eclectic list of tacos was the centre of attention for both of us: Chorizo Toluqueño, Rajas y Hongos (roasted poblano peppers and mushrooms with epazote, grilled), Cochinita Pibil (slow cooked pork in banana leaves), Pescado Zarandeado (non-fried fish, topped with pico) or Taco de Lengua were some of the most intriguing ones.



Chorizo Toluqueño happens to be house made -from scratch- sauteed chorizo with serrano peppers. A beautiful one to stare at for a little while.



Our last stop was off Berry St. Not even thirty metres away we found Mast Brothers headquarters; some sort of relaxing chocolate heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment