Friday 30 September 2011

in betanzos

In this trip we made it twice to the little town of Betanzos, known for their runny tortilla. This time we started with the unavoidable Padron peppers and a plate of "calamares". 




A "crianza" bottle from Ribera del Duero was going to be our  discovery of the day: Pago de Carraovejas, 2008. A few minutes later the "gambas al ajillo" arrived to complete our starters.




Our tortilla was the most elevating moment of the meal, even if it looks like such  a simple, and even boring, recipe. At home we always add a ton of onion, but in this kitchen the usually don't. Nevertheless I still love it.




I also had "carne asada" after the tortilla, so I was rather full by dessert time. However, I felt my system needed something sweet, and again our choice was a very unsophisticated one, but quite common around Galicia: "almendrados". And as the name suggests, their key ingredients are almonds.



No comments:

Post a Comment